I have heard the saying “when the world gives you lemons, make lemonade”…well not exactly the case, but when the world gives you snow in October and you have no place to go, make a hearty, autumn breakfast…and that is what I did. I haven’t shared any recipes lately so I thought I would share these recipes with you.
I bought a small container of prepared orange, basil sweet potatoes from Whole Foods and thought instead of eating them as a meal I would make pancakes…hmmm…sweet potato pancakes need roasted apples…and ta da…an autumn breakfast.
- 1 Stayman Winesap (or Honey Crisp) Apple
- Brown Sugar 1-2 TBS
- Butter 1 TBS
- Cinnamon – dash
- Nutmeg (if preferred)
- Cut apple and toss in with other ingredients. Place on baking pan and roast until apples are soft and syrup begins to thicken.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Flour 1/2 C
- Baking Powder 3 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp (Can substitute or combine with nutmeg)
- Mashed/Cooked Sweet Potatoes 1 1/4 C (Whole Foods Prepared Mashed Sweet Potatoes work well)
- Eggs 2 (Beaten)
- Almond Milk 1 1/2 C (Any milk appropriate)
- Walnut Oil 1/4 C (Can use melted butter)
- Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and brown on hot griddle
I enjoyed with a hot cup of Pu-Erh Ginger tea from Rishi for a wonderful nourishing autumn breakfast. Just thought I would share…